Books for Bricks
Books for Bricks is a book drive program run on college campuses by Achieve in Africa Ambassadors. Ambassadors become an integral part of Achieve in Africa and have the opportunity to make an immediate impact. Ambassadors are campus leaders that represent Achieve in Africa within their university.
The Ambassador Role
- Coordinate and strategize with an Achieve in Africa Board Member on how to successfully run Books for Bricks, a book drive fundraiser, on your campus that will help build classrooms and desks for students in Tanzania.
- Lead the planning and implementation of the book drive fundraiser with the support of the Board Member.
- Represent your college/university as an Ambassador for Achieve in Africa and become a vital contributor to Achieve in Africa’s impact by identifying additional opportunities to fundraise on campus.
Qualities of Ideal Candidate
- Leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to energize others about a cause
- Passion for improving education in Africa
- Entrepreneurial spirit and go-getter mentality
- Email your resume and statement of why you would be a successful Ambassador to Jacob Watson at email@example.com.
About Achieve in Africa
- Ranked a Top Nonprofit by Great Nonprofits in 2013 and 2014
- Gold-Level Participant on GuideStar Exchange
- Since 2009, Achieve in Africa has worked in rural villages of Tanzania to refurbish and expand an overcrowded primary school, build a village’s first secondary school, provide a community learning center, and equip two schools with electricity. Current efforts are focused on constructing more classrooms and desks to expand the secondary school, which currently benefits over 800 students.
- We are a team of volunteers. We do not take salaries in order to maximize the impact of each dollar that is donated.